DigiTalk is an innovative one year project ending in March 2017 which aims to develop YIACS capacity to providing integrated online mental health support to young people.
DigiTalk seeks to extend access and choice in mental health help and support for young people by enabling local YIACS from across the country to collaborate in the development of a new digital offer.
Through funding from Health Education England’s Innovations Fund, DigiTalk is supporting:
- National workshops for YIACS managers focused on policy and practice in the implementation of digital technologies.
- Training counsellors and supervisors in online counselling and supervision skills.
- Production of an e-learning package for young people taking up online roles e.g. peer support
As part of DigiTalk, Youth Access is working closely with Off the Record Croydon, which is sharing their learning and investment in a new platform. Off the Record are enabling their integrated online counselling and webinar site to be white-labelled for other YIACS to purchase.
The following Youth Access members are benefiting from DigiTalk:
- Croydon Drop In, Croydon
- It’s Your Choice, Totton
- No Limits, Southampton
- Eastleigh Youth Counselling, Eastleigh
- Off the Record, Bristol
- The Market Place, Leeds
- Youthworks, Kettering
- YPAS, Liverpool,
- Interchange, Sheffield
- Off the Record, Croydon
- Jumpstart, Sutton
- Young People’s Centre, Brighton
- MAP, Norwich
- 42nd Street, Manchester
- The What Centre, Stourbridge
- Off Centre, Hackney
To date we have
- Run workshops for managers on: Managing safeguarding and risk; Outcome measurement and an introduction to the platform
- Set up 55 training places in online counselling for experienced counselling practitioners.
- Organised a bespoke training for 20 counselling supervisors to develop their capacity to offer supervision for online work, which starts in October 2016
- Commissioned The Mix to work with us to develop an e-learning package to train young people in peer facilitation
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information